CYTENA is a young and fast-growing high-tech start-up dedicated to cutting-edge single-cell and liquid handling technology for lab automation in Freiburg. More than 15 of the top 25 pharma companies use our products to generate cell lines for the manufacturing of biologicals (e.g. monoclonal antibodies etc.). Since 2019 we are part of the BICO Group of Life Science companies.
BICO is a global leader in developing and delivering life-science solutions, equipping hundreds of labs and thousands of scientists worldwide with cutting-edge technologies that fuel groundbreaking scientific breakthroughs.
We are driven by three mantras: passion, inspiration, and persistence.
We are looking for a Head of Biology & Applications who is passionate about developing new solutions and methods for the life sciences and leading teams to greater success. Together with your team of Cell and Molecular Scientists you will develop smart protocols and automated workflows around our cutting-edge lab instruments & software. In addition to that you will contribute actively to the growth of the company by identifying new applications in pharma and research that can be tackled with our technologies.
The ideal candidate is an experienced team leader with a solid scientific background and a proven track record in accomplishing excellent results. In close interaction with our lab instrumentation and software engineering teams you will establish industry-leading workflows for therapeutic protein production, single-cell sequencing, high-throughput screening, and cell-based assays.
This is an exciting position for an ambitious scientific manager with huge potential to shape the future of single-cell handling and cell analysis.
- Lead and grow our dream team of application scientist
- Ensure that we as a company build a deep understanding in areas like cell line development & bioprocessing, single-cell analysis, microbiome research, as well as gene and cell therapy.
- Represent the company on international scientific conferences
- Proactively develop workflows and solutions for pharma & research based on our cutting-edge technologies
- Stay up to date with new developments in the fields by studying the literature and attending international conferences
- Actively contribute to the growth of our young and highly dynamic company
- PhD in life sciences (molecular biology/medicine, cell biology, biotechnology)
- 5+ years of additional research experience in industry/pharma/biotech
- Experience in managing and leading teams
- Broad and solid understanding of modern drug discovery & development
- Ability to pick up trends and new developments in the pharmaceutical industry
- A solid technical background in one of our core application areas would be ideal (Monoclonal antibody production, Cell line development, Single-cell Analysis, or Cell-Based Assays & HTS)
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills
- Passionate about technology and laboratory automation
Do you want to join a company that develops sophisticated, cutting-edge products for the life science industry? Do you love to work in an interdisciplinary and international team of highly skilled, young, and energetic people? Make an impact and come to sunny Freiburg to join us building the lab instruments of the future!
Please send your comprehensive application, including job title, your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date, as a single pdf-file by e-mail to: [email protected]
At CYTENA, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We are an equal opportunity workplace and will always pride ourselves on being a collaborative environment.
Become part of the CYTENA story!