CYTENA is a young and fast-growing high-tech company dedicated to developing automated high-precision lab instruments for the life science research and pharmaceutical industry. Its award-winning devices are used at prestigious academic and pharmaceutical labs around the world to automate workflows in numerous application areas, including stable cell line development, single-cell omics, high-throughput screening and drug discovery. Since 2019 CYTENA is part of the BICO Group.
BICO is the leading bio convergence company in the world, equipping hundreds of laboratories and thousands of scientists with cutting-edge life science technologies. By combining different technologies, such as robotics, artificial intelligence, computer science, and 3D bioprinting with biology, BICO enables customers to improve people’s health and lives for the better.
Our vision is: Create the Future of Health.
We are looking for a CFO (m/f/d) to join and enhance our Management Team in Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany.
- Lead and expand the Finance and Administration department
- Develop and drive financial business strategy and controlling, playing a leading role in directing process improvements
- Oversee the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting and auditing the company’s financial statements and manage all internal / external stakeholders involved in the processes
- Identify and address financial opportunities and risks of business models
- Drive business development, manage financial relationships with business partners, and lead M&A activities
- Use financial data to challenge our business and contribute to operational decision making
- Act as a dependable strategic and business partner to the CEO in legal, financial and strategic topics
- University degree in Finance / Business Administration
- Experience in a senior management position with P&L responsibility
- Outstanding expertise in Accounting and Controlling, including performance improvement, cash flow management, tax law and internal/external controls
- Expertise in corporate governance and proven negotiation skills, strong familiarity and understanding of legal documents and their structures
- Entrepreneurial mindset, experience with M&A and/or in building legal entities overseas would be a plus
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, results driven, rapidly changing environment and a hands-on mentality
- High affinity for numbers and strong analytical skills
- Familiar with state-of-the art business intelligence reporting tools and ERP systems
- Fluent in German and English
Do you want to join a company that develops sophisticated, cutting-edge products for the life science industry? Do you love to work in an interdisciplinary and international team of highly skilled, young, and energetic people? Make an impact and come to sunny Freiburg to join us building the lab instruments of the future!
Please send your comprehensive application, including job title, your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date, as a single pdf-file by e-mail to: [email protected]
At CYTENA, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. We are an equal opportunity workplace and will always pride ourselves on being a collaborative environment.