BICO is a global leader in developing and delivering life-science solutions, equipping hundreds of labs and thousands of scientists worldwide with cutting-edge technologies that fuel groundbreaking scientific breakthroughs.
The Business Area BIOSCIENCES is one of the three business areas of BICO and combines the knowledge and innovative technology of four life-science companies: CYTENA, DISPENDIX, CYTENA Bioprocess Solutions and ECHO. Driven by the BICO vision to create the future of medicine, we develop technologies and products for sorting and analysis of single- and multi-cell applications, such as single-cell omics, liquid handling, cell imaging and cell line development.
We are looking for a Business Development Associate to serve out of our office in Freiburg im Breisgau or Stuttgart, Germany.
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Conduct research to identify new markets, new opportunities and customer needs
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients
- Build strong relationships with industry professionals, companies, competitors, and customers
- Research business opportunities and viable income streams
- Mapp up the market and screen for new technologies
- Follow industry trends locally and internationally and be in the frontline
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced scientific degree or MBA highly preferred
- Strong experience in commercial sales or account management
- Prior experience in business development required, technology, device, diagnostic and digital or consulting preferred.
- Passionate about our industry and have their ‘finger on the pulse’ of the Life Science/BioTech space
- Have experience building, managing, and developing a business development team
- Innate enjoyment of being in a brand ambassador
- Have a track record of driving business relationships from cooperative idea generation to contract negotiation to program management
- Passionate about using data to drive decision-making and tell a great story
- Dynamic attitude and open minded to drive change
- Anticipated travel: 40-60%
Do you want to join a company that develops sophisticated, cutting-edge products for the life science industry? Do you love to work in an interdisciplinary and international team of highly skilled, young, and energetic people? Make an impact and come to sunny Freiburg or Stuttgart to join us building the lab instruments of the future!
Please send your comprehensive application, including job title, your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date, as a single pdf-file by e-mail to: [email protected]
At BICO, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We are an equal opportunity workplace and will always pride ourselves on being a collaborative environment.
Become part of the BICO story!