CYTENA is a young and fast-growing high-tech start-up dedicated to cutting-edge single-cell and liquid handling technology for lab automation in Freiburg. More than 15 of the top 25 pharma companies use our products to generate cell lines for the manufacturing of biologicals (e.g. monoclonal antibodies etc.). Since 2019 we are part of the BICO Group of Life Science companies.
BICO is a global leader in developing and delivering life-science solutions, equipping hundreds of labs and thousands of scientists worldwide with cutting-edge technologies that fuel groundbreaking scientific breakthroughs.
We are driven by three mantras: passion, inspiration, and persistence.
We are looking for an Application Scientist with a focus on live cell imaging to serve out of our office in Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany.
You will be part of an innovative and high-pace product team committed to developing and bringing to market cutting-edge technologies for live cell imaging. Our product team will rely on your expertise in immunology and cancer biology and your hand-on skills in cell culture, reagents, and assay development.
Our team supports the rapid development of new technologies (hardware, software and reagents) that will facilitate cell biologists’ work. Through your expertise, you will help develop and introduce the next generation of advanced live-cell image analysis platforms adopted by academia and industry for research, drug development and screening.
- You will focus on live-cell imaging, through the integration of customer-driven features and applications to ensure its smooth adaptation in laboratories around the world.
- You will be responsible for the development of high quality, reproducible SOPs and application notes for live-cell imaging applications.
- You will lead the development of in-house live cell reagents, through assay and workflow development and optimization.
- You will help improving the hardware & software together with the engineering team through all phases of product and process validation to ensure implementation of innovative and best-in-class solutions.
- You will also collaborate with our multidisciplinary teams including product management and marketing to generate marketing and sales collaterals to showcase the functionality of our products.
- Master’s degree with at least 2 years of research lab experience in biotechnology, cell biology, biochemistry or similar field
- Experience in cell culture techniques and image analysis tools
- Experience in assay development, reagents development, assay optimization is highly desirable
- Competence in live cell imaging and various imaging techniques is highly desirable
- Advanced proficiency in the English language (writing, speaking and listening) is a plus
Do you want to join a company that develops sophisticated, cutting-edge products for the life science industry? Do you love to work in an interdisciplinary and international team of highly skilled, young, and energetic people? Make an impact and come to sunny Freiburg to join us building the lab instruments of the future!
Please send your comprehensive application, including job title, your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date, as a single pdf-file by e-mail to: [email protected]
At CYTENA, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We are an equal opportunity workplace and will always pride ourselves on being a collaborative environment.
Become part of the CYTENA story!